Wednesday 27 January 2010

Rachel's Chicken Kiev with Sauté Garlic Rosemary Potatoes

I thought it was about time that I cooked a chicken kiev from scratch. It was a childhood favourite of mine and a favourite of Adam's too. We had the shop bought one last week - it was okish, but I knew it would be so much nicer if I knew I cooked it from scratch myself.

My lovely friend Katie bought me this recipe book for my birthday or Christmas and I have been meaning to cook something from it ever since:


My Ingredients:

I halved everything in the original recipe as I was just cooking for the two of us and I used Matzo Meal instead of breadcrumbs as it was what I had in and it worked a treat!

Recipe:


Final Dish:


This recipe does take time, but I do definately think its worth the effort. Wasn't massively keen on the potatoes, to be honest but I think I might try the oven alternative next time. I loved the kiev and definately would recommend trying it to anyone. I also think it would be nice with a side of summer salad. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Update : April 2010

Just tried this dish again but this time I did the potatoes in the oven, as suggested on the second page of the original recipe. This really worked much better - and is how I will do it from now on. Please find updated photo below:

 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this recipe Gill (and Rachel Allen)! I made it this evening and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked it Tuely. Did you do the potatoes as well? What did you make of those? Xx

    ReplyDelete