Sunday 18 April 2010

Stuffed potato skins and homemade soup (adapted from Sophie Dahl)

This is adapted from Sophie Dahl's original recipe of  Roasted tomato and thyme soup with double baked cheese and chive potatoes which I tried:



I loved the potatoes but wasn't keen on the tomato soup. So this time round I decided to do the potatoes with a bowl of my homemade chicken soup (recipe found at this link) and it worked a treat.

Just half or quarter or double this recipe as you need to:

For the potatoes
4 baking potatoes
knob of butter
2 tbsp crème fraîche
small bunch fresh chives, finely chopped
200g/7oz soft goats' cheese  (or your choice of grated cheese)
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
(I've chosen to leave the eggs out of this recipe both times of cooking it as I'm not very much into eggs personally, I think it's delicious without but I couldn't tell you what it is like with - it's one of those things which is just down to personal preference I think)



1. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5/ 170-180C fan
2. Bake the potatoes directly on the wire rack of the oven for 1- 1¾ hours (depending on the amount of potatoes and your oven), or until tender.
 3. Remove the potatoes from the oven and using a cloth to hold the hot potato, cut each one in half and scoop out the insides into a bowl.
4.Mix in the butter, crème fraîche, chives and goats' cheese, and stir in the egg.
5. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and spoon the potato mixture back into the skins. Place onto a baking tray in the oven for
a further 15-20 minutes, or until golden-brown and crisp on top.
6. To serve, reheat the soup and divide among four bowls, with two potato halves each on the side.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment