Monday 15 February 2010

Peppercorn Sauce (perfect for steak and chips)

I am a massive fan of peppercorn sauce on my steak and chips it must be said. My Adam was cooking me steak and chips for Valentines so I thought I would make some as an accompaniment.

I found this Oliver Ker recipe and thought I would give it a go - yum yum yum!

Ingredients:


  • A small pot of  Double Cream
  • 1tsp Dijon Mustard
  • 1 beef oxo cube
  • Splash of white wine (I used red as it was what I had in and that worked fine)
  • Splash of hot water
  • 1tsp of crushed peppercorns


Method:

  1. Add the cream to a small saucepan and heat gently.
  2. Crumble the oxo cube into the cream
  3. Add Dijon mustard, and most of the peppercorns leaving some for the steak
  4. Add wine and water stirring all together
  5. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper
  6. keep stirring until quite hot

No comments:

Post a Comment